A little while ago I was tagged by fellow Daring Baker Jessica of Coffee and a Cookie to come up with 7 random interesting facts about myself.... hmmm... Rest of the rules at the bottom:
7 random factoids about me:
1. My blog, Chubb, was named after the pet name for the bf's and my "winter hibernation stores" if you will. We joke around and laugh at our chubby spots, affectionately calling it the Chubb. When we eat something fatty or unhealthy its called "chubbing out." Fatty food filled parties are called "chubb-fests" and going to the gym is called "anti-chubb." Although I look healthy, I'm a fat kid at heart, and I've got some Chubb to prove it!
2. In approximately 98 (plus or minus a few) days, I will be an official, real life doctor. Weird, scary and awesomely exciting, all at the same time. The thing is doctor training is long and complicated, so after this year I still have to do internship (1st year of residency), residency and possibly a fellowship before I'm let loose on the streets with my stethoscope, or in my case, slit lamp. I'll be an Ophthalmology Resident in the near future.
3. Part of my anti-Chubb is sports. I play on a ridiculous number of them: Volleyball (coed and womens), Basketball (women's year round), 2 hand touch Football (coed), Dodgeball, and whatever intramurals are offered at that time of the year for school. At any given time I'm on 4 or 5 sports teams. Some people ask how I can do it..My only explanation is: I do it for the cupcakes! Just kidding, but that certainly helps offset my cupcake consumption. It's a great way to exercise, I've always participated in sports throughout my entire life, and its a fun social time. My teammates are also my friends!
4. Speaking of cupcakes, they are my absolute favorite thing in the world! I love a cupcake. Something about them is inherently uplifting. Their petite size, detailed icing and lovely wrappers make them the perfect treat. No utensils needed. Simply the sight of a cupcake can put me into a better mood! Who doesn't love a good cupcake! I bought the most recent Martha Stewart magazine off of straight impulse-the cover is cupcakes. It has 15 different cupcake recipes. I'm determined to try all 15 in the near future. So far I've made 2 (and they were delicious!) I want to work on beautifying my cupcakes as well, so I bought some reading material, but please feel free to leave favorites.
5. Another favorite- the color PINK! Pink makes anything better. A pink cupcake?? HEAVEN. I'm not a real girly girl either. Judging by my sports calendar you'd think I was a total jock and tomboy, but I got a pair of knee length pink adidas socks that are going to become part of my Thursday dodgeball/volleyball/basketball routine. Pink and Sparkly is all it takes to make it special for me!
6. I am an Amazon...I'm 6 feet tall. You can't really tell it by the few pictures of myself on this thing, but I'm a pretty tall glass of water. I have a friend that's got me beat by an inch or two, and we refer to ourselves as the "Wall of Woman."
7. After all this Medicine stuff works out I'd love to go to culinary school and open my own restaurant/bakery. Even a part time internship would be awesome! I LOVE to bake... I guess that was obvious, but I'd love to have my own place some day. I guess we'll have to see how the cookie crumbles!
So this is my first one of these...I'm just gonna follow the rules!
Here are the rules:1. Link the person that tagged you and post the rules.
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end and link to their sites.
4. Let each person know about the tag in the comment section of their site.
So Here's my list of tagged people...Sorry, I don't know the etiquette of these things...
1. Doctoring, Dancing and Delectables
2. Lauren of I'll Eat You
3. Diana of Pashunfroot
4. Elra of Elra's Baking
5. Lauren of I'll Eat You