Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009


Our Christmas tradition includes everyone squishing into one bed with the dogs, reading Christmas advent, The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado, and of course, Twas the Night before Christmas. We all wear footie pajamas. This may not seem odd for those of you with small children but our stats are me- 26 yrs, 6 ft, my brother 24 years 6'5'', and my other brother 6'3'' and 16 years. Not the usual suspects to be running around the house in one piece footie pajamas! In the morning, the first one up runs around to the other two waking them up, and we all wait at the top of the stairs, chomping at the bit to run down while my parents get the video camera. After a few minutes of boxing out and shoving around, my parents say GO and we run down the stairs trying not to knock each other out completely. Then we all sit around the tree with the pups and open gifts.

After gifts we make a fabulous breakfast, this time waffles with homemade blackberry jam, scrambled eggs and potato hash with ham and bacon. Delicious. I promply napped for a few hours after that, and now we are getting ready for Christmas dinner. We have Indian food from our favorite restaurant, as well as holiday favorites like corn pudding, pineapple souffle, chiltlins, beef roast, cabbage and asparagus. Quite the mix, but we're kinda crazy like that. Who needs a theme, just eat what tastes good! I need to get back to cooking, I have sweet potato creme brulees in the oven. I can't wait to use my new kitchen torch that Santa brought! Woohoo!!

Wishing everyone a very merry christmas, and happy holidays!


Lindsay with her prize winning gingerbread stadium. She did an AMAZING job!


**If youre in the mood for gingerbread, Nigella's gingerbread is the most fabulous, tasty moist gingerbread out there. My dad had two bites of it and insisted I get to work on a second batch immediately!!

No comments: