Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wedding Shower

I was commissioned to bake a cake for my cousin's bridal shower last week. Her favorite is german chocolate, so I made a chocolate cake with coconut buttercream. This time I used my usual chocolate cake recipe and made the CakeLove coconut buttercream. It was even better than the first time I made it! I also used some dark chocolate cocoa in addition to the regular strength. The cake was moist and rich, and the icing contrasted it perfectly. It was a hit at the party, and my dad ate about half on his own. I hope the heart on top wasnt too corny, but I wasn't sure how else to decorate it!
Here's a picture from the wedding itself...


Yes, it was outside, in Virginia, in the COLD! Some guests stayed in their cars until the ceremony started. The reception was catered, not sure by who, but the food was great. Southern classics: fried chicken, baked chicken, super good mac and cheese, green beans, potato salad, ham, rolls and a succotash. Yummmm!

No comments: