Monday, November 23, 2009

Crab and Corn Bisque




I went to Mexico for 6 days, it was AWESOME, and definitely contributed to my delinquency with this poor blog. I left sunny 85 degree weather and came back to the remnants of Ida, one nice day, and rain falling with the night. The cool rainy weather really makes me want to snuggle up with a soft velour blanket, some hot cocoa, my puppies, a good book and a bowl of hot soup. I guess being by the ocean made me crave some serious seafood, and I was reminiscing on some delicious she-crab soup so I decided on crab soup. I looked up she-crab soup on the internet, although I couldn't find a specific recipe for that, but this Corn and Crab Bisque from Emeril recipe came pretty close. I doubled the crab in it, my main gripe with restaurant soups is that you have to hunt for the crab! I thought I had milk at home but I didn't, so for half the milk volume I used cream, and the other half I used seafood stock. Otherwise I followed the recipe as is. Not sure my blond roux came out, but I cooked the death out of some flour and butter, and it thickened, so I guess it worked out fine... I'll have to work on this again for the next time, and there definitely will be a next time!!! This soup was absolutely delicious!! The BF said it was "the best soup I've ever had." Brother was also a huge fan. Almost the whole bath was devoured the same day. Tomorrow I'll be posting my better late than never MSC recipe of the month: Sweet Potato Cupcakes. Yum!!

1 comment:

Justin said...

it's getting cold here -- Mexico sounds awesome