Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Bunny Butts!


We had a few people down to the Farm for Easter this year, and my dad recommended cupcakes. Chocolate and the Brown Sugar Martha Poundcakes. The poundcakes were hard to jazz up, but it didn't matter because they went FAST. The chocolate ones though, I though how can I make these cute! I immediately got out my new Hello Cupcake! book and began flipping through. I love this book! It tells you how to create these ornate cupcakes using ordinary candy. It's a good primer for cupcake decoration. It helps stimulate creativity, and gives good ideas how to use candy to create new designs. In the end it was a toss up between the Easter Eggs and the Bunny Butts. I'm not sure what they call the Bunny Butts in the book, I don't have it with me right now, but some of the cupcakes are made to look like grass and the others like holes with bunnies jumping into them.

Now that's a happy face! YUMMM!
...and a bluebird nest inside the grill at the Farm. What pretty eggs!

No comments: