Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving...late I know

So I intended to write briefly about my Thanksgiving dinner. Unfortunately with traveling with family and interviewing for residencies I haven't been as vigilant on here. Here's a shot of the table post dinner (and my brother):

Of course we had turkey and stuffing, but also corn pudding, my mom's specialty. It's sweet, but not as sweet as a dessert.

Also we have green jello, one of my favorite comfort foods. It is lime jello with sour cream and crushed pineapple. Simple, but amazing. I could eat a whole pan...


Homemade cranberry sauce:

And of course a sweet potato casserole. One side with a pecan and brown sugar topping, and the other with my homemmade marshmallows. yummmm.....Somehow I managed to forget to photograph the BEST part... dessert. My mom makes a 4 layer coconut cake. It is the absolute number one best most awesome coconut cake in the entire world. I have not had another piece of coconut cake in my entire life that even compares in the least to this cake, and it is definitely photogenic. I also made a sweet potato pie that was pretty good. A little over baked, but still tasty.

As soon as everything settles down (4 more interviews before Christmas!) I'll be much more timely with posting!

No comments: